I dedicate today to Neal's brother Jack. The following is a letter written by Neal's sister Lynn -

Dear Family and Friends,

We are so sorry to tell you that last night our brother Jack passed away.

During Jacks life he struggled everyday to stay sober. He battled this torture by going to AA, treatment centers, trying experimental drugs, chinese acupuncture and psychiatry. He and all of us were always hopeful that he could overcome the demons that were cripplling him.

Jack was a good and kind person with a great sense of humor. Mostly he had a boatload of compassion for anyone who was troubled, sad or the underdog. He understood the pain of others and could give great advice and support. Something he just couldn't do for himself. He would often cry that he wanted to be a better son, brother and uncle to the three kids that he loved and admired more than anything. He said many times he just wanted to walk through life steady, with nothing chasing him. This broke our hearts.

Last night we sat together, up very late, telling stories. Some sad, most very funny. When we were done and it was silent, we felt a calm enter the room. We know our beloved brother Jack is safe in Gods arms, happy and whole again. But mostly he got what he had been searching for - he got Peace.

We hope you will all say a prayer for Jack, keep him in your heart and know that he is now in a beautiful place.

We Love you All, The Johnson's

Peace and Luv,

5 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Jeannie and Neal,
My heart breaks for ALL of you. My husband's best friend lost his battle with alcholism. He was just 50. So we know some of the pain you are experiancing.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs and God's blessings to all of Jack's family.

CAROL DEE

shawn said...

Bless you all.. I will keep you in my thoughts...

Charlene Austin (Willow01) said...

Oh Jeannie....I am so sorry for your family's loss. This absolutely brought tears to my eyes. What an eloquent and wonderful description of your BIL.

Elena said...

Really sorry for your family loss...

Samantha said...

I am so sorry to read of your loss. I found your blog on Splitcoast and loved your cards so much I decided to hop on over here for the first time today. Your creations are very lovely.

I will keep your family in my prayers. Hugs,

Sam

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs