Hey there and Happy Tuesday! The background idea for this one I got from CPS where you take the paper and cut it up into even squares and then adhere them back down to look like a window pane. The cardstock I used is Close to Cocoa and Sahara Sand and the pattered paper is Kelly Panacci. I used the ticket corner punch for the center squares. The butterfly is a clear stamp from Inkadinkado. Luv that name, it's just fun to say isn't it?! Anyway, it's a set called Patterened Bugs (yes the set also has dragonflies in it too) and I stamped it with Color Box Orchid ink, cut it out and pop-dotted it and then put adhesive pink/orchid rhinestones, going from small to large, down the center. The silver joy is also adhesive and I got it at Michael's where they have a bunch of Christmas baskets full of stuff set up. The package actually has joy, peace and love in it all for just $1! It's actually kind of raised too, need to go back and get more. I also used some Color Box chestnut ink around some of the edges. Then some sheer ribbon to wrap it all up. I'll call this one Pink Butterfly Joy.

Well last nite we went to an awesome Mexican restaurant for Neal's birthday called Abuelo's. If you have one in your area - go!! It was great and I'm so mad that I forgot my camera. The building alone is beautiful, the food is incredible and it has great atmosphere. I had a tropical margarita that was something different I've never had before and we really enjoyed ourselves a lot. It was later, about 7:30 before we got there because Neal had basketball practice, so it wasn't very crowded but before long, and we're both such people watchers, that we noticed a couple at a table a short distance from us. She had more than a few adult beverages and she's crying. He spends most of the time on his cell phone while she's trying to get him to talk to her. He leaves for a while, bathroom I guess, and I asked Neal if I should go over and talk to her because I felt so bad for her now because now she's really crying and trying to pay the bill. Why does she have to pay? Anyway, he comes back and he's back on his cell phone and now she gets up and she's trying to make her way to the bathroom. She's not falling down drunk, but she's not real steady on her feet if you know what I mean. She's gone awhile, all the time he's still on his cell phone, and when she comes back she's just wanting to go and she's trying to close his phone. He's jerking away from her but eventually they are up and out of there. Not sure what that was all about, but you had to wonder and feel sorry for her. Then another observation of mine.....I've never seen someone do this in a restaurant before....this other lady at another table after her meal took out a little mini lint brush and started cleaning herself at the table of all of her food crumbs! Is that crazy or what?! Like I said, we are such people watchers but we had a great time and we laughed a lot and we will certainly go back again!

Tonite....Neal's got scouts with Quentin....I HAVE to do laundry or I can't come to work tomorrow....I HAVE to at least start getting things together for the craft sale on the 18th.....watch some shows......play with Dixie.......etc........hope yours is great!!!


Peace and Luv,

4 comments :

shawn said...

Makes you wonder what is going on sometimes..
I am glad that the food was good, and the people watching was fun!!
And Happy belated Birthday to Neal!!

shawn said...

Makes you wonder what is going on sometimes..
I am glad that the food was good, and the people watching was fun!!
And Happy belated Birthday to Neal!!

Miss TNT said...

Happy Birthday to Neal!

And I love Abuelo's it's so yummy...they have this great salad with fresh mexican fruits all over it. Yummy!!

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! Butterfly is so pretty! Happy Birthday to Neal! At least food was good at that restaurant! Mexican food is soooo good!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs