I didn't do a back to school card, and I wasn't really sure where I was going with this one, but that's what it reminds me of. I used lots of stuff tho on it! The tree stamp, which I used Close to Cocoa ink on Wild Wasabi paper, is from Hero Arts as well as the red rhinestone sticky "apples". I actually stamped the trees 9 times, 5 on the main paper and then I cut out 4 more and pop-dotted them. The yellow paper behind that is from K&Company the Wild Saffron set and I used the spiral punch on the side to make it look like notebook paper. Behind that is some red Bazzill, my typical creme cardstock and then the base of it is Close to Cocoa. The ribbon is Wild Wasabi striped grosgrain and then I used the Tart and Tangy apple stamp and then must hand cut out a Wild Wasabi leaf for it. All of the edges are aged with Color Box cat's eye in Chestnut.

It's Friday-Eve, and I've got a McDonald's vanilla iced coffee in front of me, so it's starting out good. Not much on my desk here to do yet this morning, but I hope the day will pick up. Everyone seems to be in a good mood, so that's also important since if they're not "it" usually rolls my way eventually, if you know what I mean.

I did watch House last nite that was tivo'd from Tuesday. I liked it, always intriguing and a little gross at the same time, but I luv to see how they figure all of that stuff out. I kinda like the new private investigator he's got too (wink, wink), which is an interesting twist, huh? Is he a permanent fixture or was this just a one time thing? Should be interesting to see. So I got this card done as well as a jump start on another dragonfly card, except that I can't find my pinking shears to finish it! Gotta look for that when I get home!

DON'T FORGET - there's a new Grey's Anatomy tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!! Yea!!!!!

Peace and Luv,

3 comments :

Elena said...

This card is so artistic! I like how you created this whole layout! Love your "sticky" apples! Thank you for visiting me!

shawn said...

I tried to post earlier, but blogger was down.. hm.. anyway.. I love this card. as usual!!
I also LOVE House.. If I were ever really ill, I would want him treating me, but I don't think that I would like him.
I heard that Wilson is leaving, so maybe the private eye guy will stick around??
Don't know about Grey's.. I have never watched.. CSI on Thursdays..

Elena said...

Hello Jeannie! It is me again! I just wanted to tell that I "tagged" you! It is kind of a game between bloggers. Hope you will have a time and wish for this! It is kind of fun to find out some interesting facts about other people and share yours! If you alredy was doing it and I missed it, I am sorry for this... Anyway all the details are at my blog! Would be happy to see you!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs