For this special birthday card I used Purely Pomegranate and Groovy Guava cardstock, the patterned paper is from scrapgirls.com and the present is a stamp from the Dollar Tree (luv that place). The sheer ribbon is Michael's and the guava-colored ribbon is from Target. I used my star punch and a purple rhinestone. Fun and certainly girly.

Today I heard from another special someone about a worry tree. This is a tree that you hang your troubles on from work before you go into your home and leave them there so that when you're at home it doesn't get in the way. I'm a strong believer of not letting work situations get the best of your home life, and so it was nice to hear from someone else that they felt the same. With that, things are still a bit weird here at work, but of course everyone worries when you've got bills to pay. The way that things are in the world right now, jobs are few and far between so we need to hang on to what we've got, but a sense of security sure would help. I'm thankful for what I have and especially the people I work with. They've gotten me thru some dark days with laughter and there's something good to be said about that. I've been thinking about introducing you to some of these co-workers on here, but they've been a little leary about that, so I'll keep working on it.

Have a great Wednesday, whatever the day brings to you, and I certainly hope it's all good things!!

Take care - Peace and Luv!!!

2 comments :

shawn said...

WOW what a punch on the card.. When I got to your blog it just grabbed me!! I love it!!
I like the idea of the worry tree.. I need that too..
Just so you know.. we are out here thinking of you.. and sending you warm fuzzies!!
And let those people know.. we want to meet them too!!!

Elena said...

Very pretty! Love the layout! The colors and the ribbons go together so well! I've never heard about this tree. That's a great idea!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs