I cannot even explain to you how happy I am that it is FRIDAY!!!!! Hopefully this card proves it, because flowers always make me happy. This layout idea is from LilyBean's Paperie. You know how some cards you make and you sit back and look at it and think well it's just ok and then some you are really happy with? Well I have to say I really like this one. The paper is from K&Company's Wild Saffron paper set. Then I used a Prisma flower with one of my crocheted flowers, some yarn, 2 little brads and one big pearl brad and a little bit of ribbon. I used the postage stamp scissors to make the tiny scallop edge and then faux stitched around a couple of times and used a brown colored pencil. Then I went to town distressing it with some brown Color Box ink. I even put some on the flower and the white pearl brad. No stamps were used again, but I didn't think it needed anything more.

I think we'll go for a fish fry tonite at the local pub, and then the weekend will be full of running around doing errands and shopping. Maybe get a movie in too, tho not sure what's new out right now that I'd like.

My little baby girl Dixie is at Neal's kids house this morning. The kids really luv her and like to play with her and they may go puppy shopping this weekend, so that will be fun for them. I'm sure she's a little freaked out right now, but Neal did just send me a picture from his phone so I know she's ok. She'll be wore out tonite tho, that's for sure. No boring day for her!

We did get rain last nite, it was very, very cool. Thunder and lightning and all that good stuff. It's still a bit overcast and cloudy right now, but will go up to the high 90's by the end of the day. With all of that rain I sure was hoping my window here at work would have gotten hit by some of it to get rid of the bird poop - but no! Oh well - it's FRIDAY so I can put up with a lot knowing that in a few short hours I get to be with my 2 favorite people in the whole wide world for 2 days (Neal and Dixie that is!!).

Have an awesome day!

Peace and much luv -

1 comment :

shawn said...

I promise that I am going to stamp this weekend.. I should be right now.. we are getting a big storm here again.. this is the 3rd one in 2 days.. rain, strong wind (65+ MPH) and hail. It was really HOT here and sticky today too.. should have stayed in the air conditioning and stamped...
Your cute cards are an inspiration for me.. I may steal a couple ideas!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs