Not your typical stars and stripes for sure, but I can explain. This is for my desk at work and my desk is pink - yes that's right, I said pink! So I plan on making one for each month for the rest of the year but the layout will have to include pink and of course a dragonfly. Something nice for me to look at anyway. This is not quite 6x6 and the scallop background is from Michael's and it's textured. I'm not sure where I got the striped paper. The stamp set that I used for the stars is from Close to my Heart, but I don't know the name of it. The ribbon is from Target and then I just added 2 orange brads. The ink for the top stars is groovy guava and the blue star is a Color Box petal point turqoisey blue.

I'm including a few pictures from my weekend in CA which I had mentioned where I picked up my dog from my ex's place. We have joint custody is what I call it. We both just luv her so much! I don't have any pictures on here today of her, but be prepared, because I'll have her for about 4 months or so. So I went with my boyfriend, his niece Traci was visiting from Texas and then my ex's girlfriend and another guy he works with joined us for the day on Saturday when we went to Hollywood and then to the Dodger game. We had a really good time. I'm including one picture of the many pictures I took of the stars which is Grace Kelly. The picture in front of the gigantic pig is with me and our niece Traci in front of an awesome restaurant called Slim Pig'ns! Great bbq!


So I've decided the them for the week will be "stars" since the 4th is Friday, so I will be posting some more Hollywood pictures this week.


Take care - Happy July - Peace and luv!!







1 comment :

shawn said...

It sounds and looks like you had fun.. and I like that calander!! who cares what color it is.. To each his own... (or her own as the case is).
Can't wait to see the pics of the dog!! can't believe there aren't any on today's entry!!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs