I haven't done an Inspiration Challenge in a while, so this one is IC27. I've included a picture of the actual suncatcher inspiration picture also. It has a butterfly, but you know I had to change that to a dragonfly now didn't you? I couldn't find a way to include the greenery in mine, so I just kept it kinda pastel and black. Somehow with all of the glitter the center reminds me of a wedding cake. The scallops and the Joy stamp and design look like icing to me I guess. Anyway, I used the sunflower stamp from an old set called Petal Prints for the background with a color box petal ink. The dragonfly stamp is from Rubber Stampede and the Joy stamp is from Inque Boutique - What a Feeling set. The striped skinny ribbon is from Target's $1 spot, the wider ribbon from Michael's. I used Prisma Glitter on the dragonfly and around the Joy circle, but as usual it doesn't show up as glittery in the picture as in person. Then I put 2 pink rhinestones on, and I'm not sure how close it comes to the actual inspiration, but it's just supposed to inspire you to do you own thing and this is what I got out of it. I do love the colors together, so thanks to Itsapassion on splitcoaststampers for the challenge!

It's Sunday, should be almost 100 today here in AZ. Still need to get some grocery shopping done a little later. Went to good old Waffle House for a late breakfast/lunch, so that always hits the spot! I do need to get a couple of cards done today and in the mail, so I'll be sure to share them with you during the week.


Have a great Mother's Day Sunday!

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs