I Love You Smore!

Monday, February 25, 2008






















So it was a little chilly here in Arizona, I know that sounds weird, but we decided to build a fire and when kids are around that means you make s'mores! I took a few pictures, because who can resist a face full of chocolate, and decided that was more than enough inspiration to make a card out of a special time. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but before long I thought the little bird in the Fun & Fast Notes set, who is usually holding a flower was the perfect model to change into holding a marshmallow. I just took a piece of fun foam and acheived making it look like a burnt marshmallow using markers and ink. The background paper is a download from scrapgirls.com. Sometimes when I'm stuck and seem out of inspiration, I'll look to my digital scrapbooking stuff for things and I thought that this made a good background as far as color and design are concerned. On the inside I used a couple of the pictures of my guys' kids and the verse on the top says: "If a picture is worth a thousand words, then moments like these are rare. A treasured picture caught on film, a priceless memory to share." Needless to say, it blew him away and probably loves it more than I enjoyed making it for him. It's so cool to give a card to someone that is so appreciative. So turn your cards into memories for someone, they sure will love it!





Recipe: Stamp - Bird from Fun and Fast Notes. Ink is Close to Cocoa and Colorbox Chalk in Chestnut Brown. Bazill paper and as stated above, background decorative paper was downloaded from scrapgirls.com and printed out and then tied it up with a couple of different kinds of ribbon.





No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs