You Make Everything Bloom

Thursday, October 11, 2007




When I was making this card, I wasn't sure where my inspiration was coming from, but I knew that I had to use this flower on it. I also made a chocolate nugget box to match. Well I've been talking with my sister and asking her if she could make a copy of a picture that she has of my mom, who passed away a few years ago. Much to my surprise, I received a package in the mail from her and she sent me the whole darn picture! She said that she had enjoyed it for a few years, so it was my turn to enjoy it. We're not sure how old she was here, but we're guessing 20ish or perhaps her high school picture. Well I realized right away why I was so inspired to make this card, because mom had such a great love of flowers. So the sentiment on this card - you make everything bloom - seems very fitting, because she always enjoyed my love of any and all kinds of arts and crafts or whatever I wanted to try, even some pretty scarey and out there things at the time. So I have to say thanks mom, I'm still listening to you, even when you think I'm not!

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs