Believe You're Amazing

Thursday, October 18, 2007




This is a card for the Cards For Cancer organization that I think could be sent to anyone. Some days you just have to believe in yourself and that good things will come your way regardless of what your current situation is. If you believe that you're amazing, others will too!

So I have a little story about my little Dixie Chick. I was telling a friend of mine this story last week. I'm trying to eat better and "organically" and anybody who has a dog knows that almost always you will give them some of what you're eating. Well, if you've seen the movie Big with Tom Hanks, and remember when he's at the party eating what to him is new and fancy food, and he's not liking it too much and it's pretty much falling out of his mouth, then picture this little darling's face when I tried to give her a piece of an organic pop tart! The look on her face was absolutely priceless, and I laughed so hard! The thing of it is, she has always tried and liked just about everything I've given her (except anything green) and so today I was eating dried blueberries. I thought they were really tasty and so she wanted to try one, of course. Well it got stuck on one of her teeth, and so her tongue was going a mile a minute trying to get it off. I really didn't mean to laugh, but she wouldn't let me help her, she just kept turning in circles. Finally, she got it unstuck and pretty much spit it back at me. So much for her turning organic, she's just not going for it!

Recipe for the card: Camel colored cardstock is from Bazzill, and some off white scraps. The patterned paper is embossed like, and I believe was purchased a Michael's, but it's been quite some time. The stamped flower is from the Petal Prints set. Ribbon is from Sheer Creations. Ink on the flower is So Saffron and River Rock and the distressing ink color is Colorbox Chalk Chestnut. One big silver and pearl brad. Fourteen tiny clear adhesive rhinestones. I also used the corner rounder punch, a regular hole punch and Fiskars Scallop paper edger.

1 comment :

Bingo said...

I can totally see her doing that..lol

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs